SQL Azure Data Sync is Microsoft Windows Azure's web service that enables you to keep some or all of your SQL Server and SQL Azure databases synchronized on a scheduled or on-demand basis.
This download is for the local Client Agent which is used by SQL Azure Data Sync to manage the synchronizations of your on-premises SQL Server databases without the need to open the firewall.
- SQL Server 2008 CLR Types - x86 version for US-EN (1033) locale
- Download the SQLSysClrTypes.msi for SQL Server 2008 CLR Types.
- SQL Server 2008 Shared Management Objects - x86 version for US-EN (1033) locale
- Download the SharedManagementObjects.msi for SQL Server Shared Management Objects.
- .Net 4.0 Framework
- Download for .Net 4.0 Framework (Full) can be found here.
- Click Download.
- When asked whether to Save or Run select Run.
- To provide the best security for your SQL Server credentials, install the SQL Azure Data Sync Client Agent in the default location.
- When the installation is complete return to SQL Azure Data Sync Management Portal.
- Select an existing on-premises agent or create a new one.
- Click Regenerate Agent Key to generate an agent key.
- Copy the agent key to your clipboard.
- Launch the SqlAzureDataSyncAgent application from the install location.
- Click Edit Agent Key.
- Paste the agent key in the textbox.
- Click OK.
- Click Register to add the on-premises SQL Server database to synchronize.
- View how to Create a Sync Group for information on how to create your sync groups.
Download SQL Azure Data Sync Agent Preview here.