Microsoft has developed the "Productivity Hub," a Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 site collection that offers training materials for end-users. It provides a central place for your training efforts, and includes training content from Microsoft's core products. Microsoft also provides ongoing and updated content packs.
The Hub uses SharePoint Server's social networking capabilities, such as blogs and discussion groups. In addition, it offers the Coach program, a change management feature to help you train end users to self-help, reducing the burden on your training and IT staff. The Coach program impacts productivity in a collaborative and positive way.
The 2010 SP1 version of the Productivity Hub includes a quiz feature, a section called 'Get it Done' that offers training for tasks such as email management and collaboration, and also features Silverlight. However, instructions are also provided to use non-Silverlight web parts, if needed.
The Productivity Hub is:
- "Format: Pre-loaded SharePoint site collection, optimized for Web 2.0 functionality and easily deployed within SharePoint 2010 SP1 environment
- Content: Convenient end user productivity training in a variety of formats (documents, videos, podcasts, etc.). Receive free periodic updates of content that you will learn about through the Productivity blog.
- Blog: The Productivity blog offers tips and tricks for end user productivity. Use it as is, or your training staff can use the posts as their own to help them get started in running an internal blog.
- Train the trainer: Includes IT/Manager section to aid with deployment of the site collection, and guidance to develop the Coach program
- Products: Office (2007 & 2010), SharePoint (2007 & 2010), Windows 7, Internet Explorer 9, Project (2007 & 2010), Visio (2007 & 2010), Publisher (2007 & 2010), Live Meeting 2007, Communicator 2007, Groove 2007 and Lync 2010," stated Microsoft.
You can download Productivity Hub 2010 SP1 Microsoft Download Center.