The Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Feature Pack now available through the Microsoft Download Center, is a collection of stand-alone packages which provide additional value for SQL Server 2008 R2.
The feature pack includes:
- Redistributable components for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Add-on providers for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2.
Note: 1. Some components in the SQL Server 2008 R2 Feature Pack of SQL Server have certain Internet-enabled features,including the Customer Experience Improvement Program and Error and Usage Reporting component, enabled by default to help us identify and address issues that you may encounter while using SQL Server.
2. Some components in the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Feature Pack of SQL Server have two different methods to complete the installation process:
- Attended Installation - an interactive user interface will guide you through the set-up process and obtain all of the information and consent required to complete the installation. This includes the displaying, acknowledgement, and archiving of the applicable SQL Server license terms.
- Un-attend Installation - this is a DOS command Line set-up process that does not have an interactive user interface to guide you through the set-up process. In this case, you will be required to enter a parameter during installation that indicates your acceptance of the license terms.