Microsoft Script Explorer for Windows PowerShell (pre-release) released today helps scripters find Windows PowerShell scripts, snippets, modules, and how-to guidance in online repositories such as the TechNet Script Center Repository, PoshCode, local or network file systems and Bing Search Repository
Microsoft Script Explorer enables:
- Integrated community and Microsoft resources to help you unlock the power of Windows PowerShell.
- Seamless searching across online repositories to locate script samples relevant to you Establishing and searching local, network, and corporate script repository is easy
Also, available for download today is a "Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) Documentation Resources Download Page" here.
Microsoft PowerPivot for Microsoft Excel 2010, a data analysis tool that delivers unmatched computational power directly within the software users already know and love -- Microsoft Excel is now available for download.
"You can transform mass quantities of data with incredible speed into meaningful information to get the answers you need in seconds. You can effortlessly share your findings with others."
With PowerPivot for Excel 2010 you can:
- Process large data sets (often millions of rows) with about the same performance as processing a few hundred rows by leveraging the PowerPivot in-memory engine and its efficient compression algorithms
- Use PowerPivot to directly access trusted premium and public domain data from DataMarket section of Windows Azure Marketplace
- Integrate data from a multitude of sources, including corporate databases, spreadsheets, reports, text files, and Internet data feeds
- Go beyond standard Excel expressions and use PowerPivot's Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) language to perform powerful data manipulations. Follow relationships between tables as in a database and define sophisticated calculations using familiar and intuitive expressions
- Interactively explore, analyze, and create reports without depending on expert knowledge and specialty training by using native Excel 2010 functionality such as PivotTables, slicers, and other familiar analysis features
And, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Report Builder now available for download provides a productive report-authoring environment for IT professionals and power users. The download provides a stand-alone installer for Report Builder.
Report Builder provides data visualizations that include charts, maps, sparklines, and data bars that can help produce new insights well beyond what can be achieved with standard tables and charts. Use Report Builder to create reports and shared datasets. Publish report parts, and then browse the Report Part Gallery to reuse existing report parts as building blocks for creating new reports quickly with a "grab and go" experience.