Microsoft released a new Linux 3.1 Integration Services, available for download at Microsoft Download Center it support for the following Linux distributions as supported guests within Hyper-V:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x (x86 & x64)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.0 (x86 & x64)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1 (x86 & x64)
- CentOS Linux 6.x (x86 & x64)
- FYI, CentOS has only released 6.0 presently
The new Linux ISs are available here:
- Driver support for synthetic devices: Linux Integration Services supports the network controller and the IDE and SCSI storage controller developed for Hyper-V.
- Fastpath Boot Support for Hyper-V: Boot devices take advantage of the block Virtualization Service Client (VSC) to provide enhanced performance.
- Timesync: The clock inside the virtual machine will remain synchronized with the clock on the virtualization server and utilize the pluggable time source device.
- Integrated Shutdown: Virtual machines running Linux can be shut down from either Hyper-V Manager or System Center Virtual Machine Manager using the Shut Down command.
- Symmetric Multi-Processing (SMP) Support: Supported Linux distributions can use up to 4 virtual processors (VP) per virtual machine.
- Heartbeat: Allows the virtualization server to detect whether the guest is running and responsive.
- Key Value Pair Exchange (KVP): Information about the running Linux virtual machine can be obtained by using the Key Value Pair exchange functionality on the virtualization server.
You can download the Linux Integration Services Version 3.1 for Hyper-V here.