Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2 Release Candidate (RC) is now available for download from Microsoft Connect. This release candidate comes with new and updated features for FIM 2010 R2 mentioned below.
In particular, this release candidate introduces numerous functional improvements, including:
- New authentication gates for self-service password reset
- Additional reports
- Extensible Connectivity Management Agent 2
“FIM empowers users with a comprehensive solution for managing identities, credentials and identity-based access policies across heterogeneous environments. The solution changes the current state of identity management by providing powerful end user self-service capabilities, combined with increased agility, security and compliance.”
Other features includes:
- Historical reporting integrated with the System Center Service Manager data warehouse, with additional reports
- Web-based Self-Service Password Reset, with the RC introducing additional authentication gates
- Scale and performance improvements
- Outlook 2010 support for the FIM add-ins and extensions and SharePoint 2010 support for the FIM Portal
- Advanced connector APIs provided through the Extensible Connectivity Management Agent 2
If you are already on the FIM 2010 Community Evaluation Program or downloaded the beta, you can obtain FIM 2010 R2 RC from the FIM 2010 Connect web site. The downloads link is in the left column.
Else, to join the program and download the software, visit here.