DoubleClick Search (DS) rolling out a few new feature to all accounts over the new few weeks includes a number of improvements to make it easier to work with bulksheets and uploads.
No IDs required: "To create new keywords or ad groups using uploads, you no longer need to include the names and full IDs of the parent ad groups and campaigns, respectively," informs Google.
You can instead refer to ad groups and campaigns (and advertisers and accounts) by only their names.
- "Creating a bulksheet full of new keywords to upload is easier because you only need to specify the names of the ad groups and campaigns they need to go into.
- It's easier for you to use the same bulksheet for multiple accounts or campaigns."
However, "edits of ads, keywords, etc., will still require IDs, but you can use names for their parents," google added.
Preview mode feature provides an overview of changes you're about to make via upload. "It identifies potential errors and warnings before DS processes the upload file. You can then decide whether or not to fix the errors and warnings shown in the UI, and then proceed with upload processing," explains the DS team.
"If the file does have errors, it won't upload automatically. DS will only upload it after you click the Submit with Errors button. If you're sure that your bulksheet is perfect before you upload it, you can simply skip the preview and start processing it right away," the tem added.
Finally, Google posted a video of Attribution webinar, covered the following topics:
- "Google's recommendations for how companies should structure their own attribution programs using Attribution Modeling Tool (now available via whitelist).
- Basics on the methodology and configuration of the Attribution Modeling Tool, and how to create custom models that can improve your business' performance.
- Identifying specific opportunities in attribution from brand-to-generic trends to position-based weighting," google posted.
Below is the full video of the webinar:
You can also catch entire attribution webinar series, which included:
Overview of research on how the industry approaches attribution:
Foundational steps for attribution using Google's tools:
Intra-channel attribution with Search Funnels in Google AdWords:
Cross-channel measurement with Multi-Channel Funnels:
Here are the rules for the "Upper Funnel" model.
Upper Funnel Model, step 1: Click on the model selector then "create new custom model" to open the custom model builder, and enter details.
Upper Funnel Model, step 2: Turn on "apply custom credit rules" in the custom model builder, then enter model details.
And here are rules for the "Lower Funnel" model.
Lower Funnel Model, step 1: Click on the model selector then "create new custom model" to open the custom model builder, and enter details.
Lower Funnel Model, step 2: Turn on "apply custom credit rules" in the custom model builder, then enter model details.
Check out this page for the Q&A.