DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) launched the next generation of the DFP ad tag: “The Google Publisher Tag,” that provides publishers with several key benefits.
“To take advantage of the new functionality, you’ll need to re-tag your pages using the new tag. If you’re already using any of our older ad tagging formats, you won’t be required to re-tag any of your pages to continue using DFP,” informed DFP team.
Kye benefits including:
The DFP team notes, “The new tags can deliver your ads asynchronously, meaning that your web page will render creatives as they are received from DFP so slow loading ads will not slow down your content.”
Adding, the team said “Google Publisher Tag supports all formats and devices, simplifying ad delivery to your web, mobile, and video content.” The tag also supports:
- “HTTPS Environments: Deliver ads into secure HTTPS environments.
- Passbacks: Tag can be used in a third-party ad server.
- Asynchronous ad refresh: Refresh ads in environments that don’t require page reloads.
- Single-Request Mode: Fetch and deliver all creatives simultaneously.
- Interstitial (out-of-page) creatives.
- Guaranteed roadblocks,” writes the team.
Finally, “If you’ve found yourself navigating through your website in efforts to get your ads to show with no success, the Google Publisher Console is here to help,” notes the DFP team.
Addin the team said, “The Publisher Console can be used on any webpage you manage that contains the Google Publisher Tag, and allows you to easily view the real-time decision making process DFP uses to determine which ad to serve, the time DFP took to generate each ad, and information about missing or incorrect ad tags.”
Sign up for early access here.