Deployment 4 is the code name for the next version of Business Desktop Deployment (BDD) 2007 and unifies the tools and processes required for desktop and server deployment into a common deployment console and collection of guidance. For the thousands of IT professionals already trained on BDD 2007, Deployment 4 requires minimal extra training to perform large-scale Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2003 deployments, while offering a further enhanced desktop deployment experience. Deployment 4 adds integration with recently released Microsoft deployment technologies to create a single path for image creation and deployment, including:
- System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Operating System Deployment
- Windows Automated Installation Kit
- Windows Deployment Services with new multicast technology
- Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0
- User State Migration Tool 3.0.1
- Windows Server 2008 Server Manager for automated server role definition (coming soon)
Where to Find Deployment 4 Beta 3
Deployment 4 Beta 3 is part of the Windows Server 2008 Beta and TAP Programs. It is also available as an open beta download.
To join Deployment 4 beta 3 program, follow these steps:
- 1. Visit the Microsoft Connect Web site (http://connect.microsoft.com).
2. Click Invitations on the Connect menu.
3. You will need to sign in using a valid Windows Live ID before you can continue to the Invitations page.
4. Enter your Invitation ID in the box. Your invitation ID is: BDDP-QMYH-VWTH
5. Click Go.
6. If you have not previously registered with Microsoft Connect, you might be required to register before you continue with the invitation process.
Source:→ Arlindo's Blog - IT Pro Evangelist