Microsoft has released the June 2008 Cumulative Update for Windows Media Center for Windows Vista. This update rollup is intended for computers that are running Windows Vista Home Premium or Windows Vista Ultimate.
You can download the June 2008 Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows Vista from the Microsoft Windows Update Web site or from the Windows Download Center or read more for download links.
Issues that are resolved by this update: In addition to the fixes that are contained in the updates that are listed in the "Hotfix replacement information" section, the June 2008 Cumulative Update for Windows Media Center for Windows Vista resolves the following issues:
For Windows Media Center configurations that use an analog TV broadcast without a set-top box, this update improves the experience of recording television shows. Previously, shows were blocked with "protected content" messages.
Note This issue does not apply to configurations with set top boxes or configurations that use analog TV together with digital cable tuners.
• This update addresses a blank screen issue that occurs when you switch between full-screen mode and windowed mode while you play videos.
• On extender sessions that use Internet TV or Online Spotlight, this update increases a maximum path limit from 260 characters to 2048 characters.
• This update resolves an issue that was introduced in Vista Service Pack 1 in which empty removable media devices were displayed in galleries.
• This update addresses an issue in which channel names in Simplified Chinese were shown as unrecognizable characters.
• This update provides an updated frequency table for China.
• This update addresses an issue in which a Client ID was not set correctly if you use the Express setup option.
• This update fixes a memory leak issue in extender sessions.