CrossOver Games is a commercial implementation of Windows emulator Wine. The version 10.1.0 now bring support for the new and seemingly popular "Rift MMORPG" to Linux and Mac PCs, and bug and stability fixes.
"CrossOver, is an emulation suite developed by CodeWeavers that lets you run many Windows programs on Mac and Linux computers. The list of supported programs is extensive, including Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer 8, and a ton of Windows games, such as Civilization, Fallout, EVE, Left 4 Dead, and so on."
CrossOver 10.1.0 also now lets you install World of Warcraft (WoW) with the Blizzard Downloader, and support for Star Trek Online's launcher has been improved a bit (but the game itself still doesn't perform fantastically).
10.1.0 CrossOver Games - March 16, 2011
- New games support:
- Rift now installs and runs.
- Other changes:
- Added the ability to install World of Warcraft via the download client. There're some issues with the launcher, but the game runs well when launched via WoW.exe.
- Some improvements have been made to the Star Trek Online launcher. The game still suffers from performance problems.
- Added CrossTie support for RAR files.
- Made several improvements to menu and association handling.
There's a free trial available, but to get a full license of CrossOver Pro will cost you around $70 -- or $40, if you just want the CrossOver Games package. It's worth the money, though, if you don't want to play around with virtual machines and dual-booting.
More Info: CrossOver Games