Microsoft's new one-stop shop for enterprise and IT professional brings authoritative content from multiple Microsoft content sources into one convenient experience helping enterprises getting onto Office 365.
The new consolidated content is about core Office 365, Office client deployment and Office 365 services including Exchange Online, Skype for Business Online, SharePoint Online and more.
The following contents included:
- Learn what's included in Office 365 by reviewing service descriptions.
- Discover Office 365 supported scenarios and hybrid environments versus on-premises server environments, and what else you can do if you integrate with Microsoft Azure.
- View cloud architecture resources for identity, security, storage and networking and use test lab resources to work through specific implementation.
- Find out how to set up services in Office 365, and how to manage them over time.
- Review how to deploy Office client applications to users and get training resources for them.
- Understand Office 365's security and compliance capabilities created to meet legal, regulatory and technical standards that organization might have.
Find this content and more at aka.ms/O365ITPro.
Microsoft looks to add new cross-platform SMB apps to Office 365 Business Premium service, as well as new "personal business assistan." These brand line of business apps aimed at replacing some popular third-party applications currently performing a wide range of tasks.
According to Microsoft, these products will help to achieve:
- Guard your data: Gain peace of mind with apps that help keep your business and customer data safe and secure.
- Save time: Take back time and save some money. Our new apps will simplify your day-to-day tasks.
- Easy to use: The apps work like a team that helps streamline how you run your business.
- Manage on the go: The new Business apps are also mobile. Because you are too!
Among these new business apps are geared towards users looking to streamline their business practices with data tracking and simplified paperwork being a main focus with this initial offering.
"Mile IQ is designed to help users track business travel," while "Bookings is a tool that allows customers to make bookings." "Invoice as the name suggests help creating invoices," and the "Spend is an expense and receipt tracking tool."
The other two apps, "Point, is an innovative tool which's used to create referral campaigns and word-of-mouth marketing," while "Presence helps tracking online brand impact and influence."
In other releated news, Microsoft is helping with seven Outlook tips and tools to help users overcome business email overload.
Although in Outlook, there are already a plenty of features that can help you. The Focused Inbox helps users determines which emails are most important to them.
This feature moves most important emails to Focused, whereas all the 'less important' emails will be move to other folder. To fine-tune the sorting criteria, just use "Move to Focused" or "Move to Other" options. The Focused Inbox is available on Outlook.com and Outlook for iOS and Android.
This feature will soon be rolling out to Office 365 customers and Outlook on other platforms.
Meanwhile, using @Mentions followed by individuals's names in the body of emails notify users that their attention is needed with change of text color and style.
It's already available in Outlook on the web and Office Insiders using Outlook 2016 for Windows and Mac. It'll soon come to Outlook for iOS, Android and Windows 10 Mobile.
Microsoft Outlook smart search feature irrespective of where emails are stored, as it searches all email that is synced to computer as well as stored on an email server. Just start typing a name or keyword into the search bar, and "Outlook provides smart suggestions based on previous searches and content of your mailbox."
With tagging, emails are more easily discoverable as it offer features like colored Categories, Flags and Quick Steps. Or simply use Read/Unread options to come back to important items at your convenience.
Of course, Outlook now help easily unsubscribe email from each list with just one click via the built-in Unsubscribe button without leaving your inbox. This feature is currently only available for Outlook on the web.
If too many emails are cluttering your inbox, the 'Sweep tool' currently available for Outlook on the web, quickly get rid of unwanted mail by deleting in bulk manually or you can create a rule for deleting certain emails automatically.
Outlook's mobile apps for iOS and Android bring together core tools like email, calendar, contacts, files, send attachments, view, respond to calendar invites, and schedule emails. Additionally, users can also triage action items right on their wrist with Outlook for Apple Watch and Android Wear, writes Office team.
Microsoft's Office team published a free ebook titled "The End of Versioning as We Know It," to help Office 365 users master version control in OneDrive for Business.
The main topics covered by this 12–page document PDF include:
- Work together in one document—no versioning needed
- Share large files quickly
- Access docs from anywhere, online or offline
- Share files in the cloud securely
To learn more about the benefits of cloud computing and how to securely move company to the cloud using OneDrive for Business Cloud Storage, check out "The End of Versioning as We Know It" HERE.
Microsoft Bookings, a new Office 365 Business Premium service help customers to easily schedule appointments with "you in your own online Bookings Page."
In addition, it's also now possible to integrate Bookings Page with business's Facebook Page too.
Here is how it works through Facebook? Once Bookings is set up on a Facebook Page, customers simply click the Book Now button, then select service and time, their contact information automatically fills in, and then they need to click Book button to be done.
Microsoft notes, after the customer clicks Book Now, the same scheduling process, as on the Bookings web page happens on Facebook's Booking Page too, that involve "confirmation, notification, appointments, reminders, etc.".
Bookings is currently available in the U.S. and Canada, the Office team said, and it will be rolling out worldwide to all Office 365 Business Premium customers starting November 2016.
While in the Office 365 news, Microsoft at the Ignite conference, celebrated 20 years of Exchange Server. Watch the top 10 moments of Exhange Server in these 20 years:
Microsoft to help teachers and students in the classroom published a consolidate guide of the accessibility tools in Office 365 to consume content, create content, collaborate inclusively and stay organized.
- Learning Tools creates opportunities for students, including listening and following along with text instead of having reading modified or shortened. A student can also use dictate mode to create text for a paper or assignment.
- Reading mode takes away all the distractions by stripping away advertisements and toolbars, leaving a clean background and font that is easier to read.
- Ease of access center allow students to turn on High Contrast Mode that help them modify how they access content on PC by improving user's experience through bolder colors, cleaner graphics and increased usability with shapes and charts.
- See the picture below to learn how to turn on High Contrast mode in PCs and use Excel Online with less eye strain:
- Magnifier can be turn on or off through access center in three different ways such as "Docked," "Lens," and "Whole Screen."
- Researcher in Word helps students find reliable resources and content.
- Accessibility Checker tool scans a document for accessibility problems and is accessible from the Review tab in Word, Excel and PowerPoint for PCs and Macs.
- It is also available in Sway and OneNote. And, by the end of the year, even more apps including Office Online apps and Outlook will get it too.
- Editor in Word and Outlook for PCs helps students write impactful, collaborative documents with one clear and confident voice.
- PowerPoint Designer helps user create beautiful looking slides without having to manually format pictures, create bulleted lists or place graphics.
- OneNote is where students choose to create content and complete a worksheet by dictating answers into Learning Tools and copying them into worksheet in Word or in OneNote.
- Office Lens is an app that trims, enhances and makes pictures of whiteboards and documents readable.
- Collaborating inclusively in Windows 10 and Office 365 have a lot in collaborative settings. Word with Office 365 will soon let screen readers more effectively announce comments and track changes—student will get more meaningful roles to play in a group setting.
- Skype Preview app now comes with built-in Skype Translator capabilities.
Update 10/24: Microsoft released a fix for Office 365 Integration issue with Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials.
"There was a known issue about Microsoft Office 365 Integration failure on Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials due to exceeding the maximum message size quota for incoming messages while retrieving the subscription information," Microsoft stated.
Check out KB3192404.