The final release of the Community Kit for SharePoint: Enhanced Blog Edition 2.0 is now available on the CKS project space on CodePlex at http://www.CodePlex.com/CKS.
Here's a rundown of the EBE's key features as posted on its release page at https://www.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ProjectName=CKS&ReleaseId=5134 where you can download the installation file and guides for setup, design, and use as well as the source code.
- Modular Theme Framework (MTF) - no need to wrestle with the default blog master page - start from the HTML you want and simply insert the blog content via XSL.
- SEO Friendly URL's - blog post URL's that look like /archive/2007/08/25/sharepoint-chart-tool.aspx instead of /Lists/Posts/ViewPost.aspx?ID=37
- 5 very cool themes to use as-is, or to get you started on the development of your own including dynamic per-post links (e.g. Digg this), tag cloud, etc. Check them out here
- Linkbacks (aka Trackbacks)
- Send linkbacks to other blog posts you are linking to in your EBE blog post (these show up as trackbacks on the other blog)
- Receive linkbacks from other blogs who are posting about your blog post (these show up as trackbacks on your EBE blog)
- Spam Control
- Custom RSS link (e.g. http://feeds.feedburner.com/myblog)
- Post trimming (only a portion of post is sent via RSS)
- Specify RSS feed item count
- Category specific feeds (e.g. /rss.xml?cat=coolstuff)
- Validates against W3C standards
- Securing of system pages (e.g. so anonymous users can't browse your lists and libraries using SharePoint UI)
- Metaweblog API to support Windows Live Writer and migration tools.
- Client Date/Time - displays date/time in time zone of user instead of server
SharePoint, Community Kit, CSK, Enhanced Blog Edition, CodePlex