Microsoft introduces Coco Framework, a pioneering innovation addresses needs for transaction speed, distributed governance and data confidentiality – ultimately advancing commercial adoption of blockchain technology.
By providing these capabilities, the Coco Framework opens up "complex, real-world blockchain scenarios across sectors like financial services, supply chain and logistics, healthcare and retail, cementing blockchain's potential to digitally transform business," says Mark Russinovich.
"Blockchain is a transformational technology with the ability to significantly reduce the friction of doing business," Russinovich says. "We have listened to the needs of our customers and the blockchain community and are bringing foundational functionality with the Coco Framework."
"Through an innovative combination of advanced algorithms and trusted execution environments (TEEs), like Intel's Software Guard Extensions (SGX) or Windows Virtual Secure Mode (VSM), we believe this takes the next step toward making blockchain ready for business," he said.
Coco enables enterprise-ready blockchain networks that deliver:
- Throughput and latency approaching database speeds.
- Richer, more flexible, business-specific confidentiality models.
- Network policy management through distributed governance.
- Support for non-deterministic transactions.
To learn more about the Coco Framework, read this technical whitepaper, and or watch the demo below:
You can now associate multiple on-premise machines to a single, logical gateway with Data Management Gateway "High Availability and Scalability," available in preview Thursday.
The benefits include improved performance and throughput during data movement between on-premises and cloud data stores.
- Higher availability of Data Management Gateway (DMG) – DMG will no longer be the single point of failure in your Big Data solution or cloud data integration with Azure Data Factory, ensuring continuity with up to 4 nodes.
- Improved performance and throughput during data movement between on-premises and cloud data stores. Get more information on performance comparisons.
- Both Scale out and Scale up support – Not only the DMG can be installed across 4 nodes (scale out), but you can now increase/decrease the concurrent data movement jobs at each node (scale up/down) as per the need.
- Richer Data Management Gateway Monitoring experience – You can monitor each node status and resource utilization all at one place on the Azure Portal. This helps simplify the DMG management.
See the two videos below for getting started:
Setting up a new 'Highly Available and Scalable' Data Management Gateway.
Upgrading existing Data Management Gateway to enable the 'High Availability and Scalability' feature.
Azure Data Factory has added more new features in July, including: preview for Data Management Gateway high availability and scalability, skipping or logging incompatible rows during copy for fault tolerance, and service principal authentication support for Azure Data Lake Analytics.
Microsoft also released update to new Cloud App Security discovery, investigation, and threat detection features, such as:
custom log formats embedded into log collectors and automated log upload functionality, view and investigate user activity in cloud apps with a special focus on IP addresses in the Activity Drawer, and you can also now gain more visibility into Salesforce objects such as leads, accounts, campaigns, opportunities, profiles, and cases allows configuration of a policy based on these objects.
Lastly, a new ability enabling of deploying Office 365 ProPlus applications to Windows 10 devices from the cloud with Microsoft Intune.
With this feature, users can now select specific Office 365 ProPlus apps using Click-to-Run or C2R technology, deploy them to enrolled devices running Windows 10 Creators Update, and view deployment metrics through new Intune portal on Azure.
"This works nicely with Windows AutoPilot that enables employees to get their new devices work-ready by just providing their company credentials during OOBE while Azure AD and Intune work in the background to register the device, deploy the necessary configurations, and now also install Office 365 ProPlus apps," writes the team.