Dr. Ian Howells, the CMO of StorSimple, authored an eBook about building an enterprise architecture for secure high-performance hybrid cloud storage. "StorSimple's is the leader in application-optimized cloud storage for Microsoft Server applications. StorSimple's mission is to bring the benefits of the cloud to on-premises applications without forcing the migration of applications into the cloud."
"The explosion of personal and enterprise digital content has been recognized as one of the most significant characteristics of the decade. The Economist recently pointed to an estimate that 1,200 exabytes (billion gigabytes) of content being created last year, as opposed to 150 exabytes that were created in 2005. The article went on to predict that new models being deployed will produce ten times as many data streams as their predecessors, and in 2011 this will increase to 30 times as many."
The books covers several topics including:
- The Potential of the Cloud and Elastic Cloud Storage
- Cloud Storage Myths
- The Cloud-as-a-Tier Architecture: An Integrated Enterprise Cloud Storage Strategy
- Instant Thin Provisioning for Big Content
- Deduplication, BlockRank and Automatic Tiering
- Security in a Cloud-as-a-Tier Architecture
- Fast Cloud Backup for Big Content
- Fast Cloud Restore for Big Content
- Disaster Recovery using Cloud-as-a-Tier
- and more…
The eBook was recently released and can be downloaded here.
[Via: US ISV Evangelism]