Google is envisioning Chrome OS to look these days. As you can see from the first image below, the design has been simplified quite a bit. As you can see from the image, you'll be able to browse without being logged in to a Google account.
More substantial seems to be a new side tabs bar option, housing "time, battery, and WiFi indicators" replacing tabs currently found at the top of Chromium OS (and Chrome). And there appears to be a little smiley icon, perhaps indicating some sort of message?
the options page:
logging in to a Google account, this's what the latest ideas for the log-in screen for Chrome OS look like:
latest look of notification pop-ups in Chromium OS:
Chromium OS content browser:
- Google is heavily testing Chromium OS internally on machines known only as "Dogfood Device"
- unzipping of zip files currently, isn't in Chromium OS, but a number of people inside & outside of Google are saying it's a necessity for OS
- Chrome OS will feature both screen savers and screen locker
- A big issue Google has been thinking about for a long time is "addictive" offline games that people can play with Chrome OS machines. Initial ideas included: Solitaire, Poker, Tower Defense, Color flood game, Minesweeper-style, Suduko, Bejewled-style.
- Here's current boot-up process:
- Black screen with big cursor
- Flash followed by Black screen with small cursor [correct VGA mode has been set]
- Blue box appears in middle of the screen with Chrome OS but there's a cursor at top left
- Screen goes black for a split second
- Background screen flashes with an image
- Login box flies in from bottom
- User logs in and login box just vanishes
- Its replaced by background screen
- Chrome slides in from the right
More Info: Chrome OS