Google's inviting people to support five worthy causes by counting and "donating" the tabs you open in Chrome. Everyone's total tabs will determine a charitable donation made on behalf of the Chrome community, up to one million dollars. Here's what your tabs can do:
- 10 tabs = 1 tree planted
- 10 tabs = 1 book published and donated
- 25 tabs = 1 vaccination treatment provided
- 100 tabs = 1 square foot of shelter built
- 200 tabs = 1 person's clean water for a year
Want to participate?
- Get the Chrome for a Cause extension
- Browse the web with Chrome between December 15 - 19
- At the end of each day, you'll be prompted to click on extension to submit your tabs
- Choose which charity you' like to support with that day's tabs -- you can always support the same charity, or pick a different one each day
To find out more about this effort and the organizations, visit Chrome for a Cause.