Chrome for Android Beta is now available in 31 more languages and in all countries where Google Play is available with under mentioned newly added features. Note, if you build websites, you may want to take note of a change in the User-Agent specification for Chrome for Android.
New features include:
- "You can now request the desktop version of a website, in case you would rather not view the mobile version
- You can now add bookmarks as shortcuts on your home screen, so you can get to your favorite sites faster
- Choose your favorite apps to handle links opened in Chrome
- Have a proxy setup for Wi-Fi access? You can now use Chrome with the system proxy configured in Android settings
- Allow for download of files to the device
- Complex Text Layout (CTL) and Right to Left (RTL) text support in rendered pages
- Enable old-style YouTube embed content to be played via native YouTube app
- Support for country-specific suggested search engines," informs Google.
If you haven't already, you can install Chrome for Android Beta from Google Play on your Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) phone or tablet.
While on Chrome, a new Google Offers Chrome extension available today in the U.S., helps you keep tabs on great deals from Google Offers as well as from our partners such as Gilt City, kgbdeals and zozi.
"After downloading the extension you'll get instant access to deals for places to eat, shop and play, and you'll receive notifications for new deals in your area right within your browser. You can also share your favorite deals with friends on Google+, Twitter and Facebook from the Chrome extension," explains Google.
Download the new Google Offers Chrome extension today from the Chrome Web Store.