Chrome 10 contains some really great improvements including:
- New settings pages that open in a tab, rather than a dialog box -- Added two new settings features that make it easy to customize Chrome to your liking.
- Firstly, if you can't remember where a particular pesky configuration setting is, simply type its name into the search box to see the settings that match as you type.
- Secondly, you can also now jump directly to most settings pages using their own dedicated URLs, without needing to navigate through a sequence of windows
- Improved security with malware reporting and disabling outdated plugins by default
- Password sync across multiple computers, along with your bookmarks, preferences, themes, and extensions as part of Chrome Sync now enabled by default. -- For added security, you can choose to encrypt your synced passwords with your own secret sync passphrase. To enable sync, visit the "Personal Stuff" section of Chrome's settings dialog.
- GPU Accelerated Video -- In full screen mode, CPU usage may decrease by as much as 80%! This means better battery life so you can keep going and going like that pink bunny in the commercials.
- Background WebApps
- webNavigation extension API
Here's a short video of the new settings interface in action:
[tags]v8,crankshaft,plugins,password,sync,accelerated video,hardware acceleration,webapps[/tags]