ChaCha, the real-time answers service, announced that it has answered the billionth question submitted by its rapidly growing user base of 25 million online and mobile users. The record-breaking question was
"How do you say friend in Elvish according to the Lord of the Rings?"
ChaCha responded, ""Mellon" is the Elvish word for "friend" in Lord of the Rings. ChaCha!"
The Company is awarding the winner, a 14 year old boy from Northern Minnesota, who'll be getting an iPad, an iPod Touch, and a $100 iTunes gift certificate to celebrate this historic ChaCha landmark.
ChaCha says this billionth question was just one of several milestones the company has reached recently:
- Traffic is at three million questions per day
- Overall user base -- online and mobile -- is 25 million
- 62,000 guides are answering questions
- The ChaCha.com website had a record of nearly one million unique visitors on a single day
- It set another record with two million questions asked via mobile/SMS in a single day
Yahoo! Answers announced had reached billionth questions back in Oct'09, a little more than four years after its launch. And then last Dec. Yahoo! announced that Answers had hit 200 million visitors worldwide.