Call Reporting for AdWords, which was available to businesses to help use search to connect with people over the phone -- is now, expands to AdWords Express customers in the U.S.-- "so local businesses can benefit as well," Google announced.
Call reporting allows you to quantify the offline value of your ads by seeing how many phone calls your ads generate.
Here is how search ads make your phones ring?
When you sign up for call reporting, "Google replaces the phone number in your Google Search ads across desktop, mobile, and tablet with a toll-free Google forwarding number. When a customer call this number, Google then automatically forward the call to your business and report in your dashboard that the call was made."
"This allows you to keep track of how many calls your ad is generating for your business. You can see it all right in your AdWords Express dashboard," Google said.
To edit your call reporting preferences, go to your AdWords Express dashboard. Click the 'Manage your ads' tab and you'll see a checkbox for call reporting. If this is selected, on your dashboard you will see calls in addition to clicks and views for your ad.
For more information on how it works, set up, and pricing, visit this AdWords Express Help Center.
Google today launched enhance Performance Reports in AdSense, that introduces improved usability of the reports and make them more visually compelling.
"Performance reports are the key to understanding AdSense account activity and earnings. This is where you can get vital information about your account, quickly and easily," Google explains. Now, when you visit your "Performance reports" tab, you'll notice changes like these:
- Graph area covers a wider area of the screen
- list of metrics has been moved from the right hand side to the top in an interactive scorecard
- New buttons for day, week and month for the usual timeline graph to allow for more control over granularity when analyzing activity over longer time periods.
- You can now choose "Events" on a timeline report graph or select the "Events" report from the left navigation to see how specific account changes are related to account performance.
- New graph types available, such as pie or bar charts, to visualize the data you're looking at. In addition, the "Countries" report shows you where your users are located on a world map, informs AdSense team:
For additional information, check this Help Center.
Finally, Dart, which was introduced as technology preview today celebrates its first birthday with a new, more stable and comprehensive version of Dart:
- "A faster Dart Virtual Machine that on some Octane tests outperforms even V8.
- An HTML library that works transparently on modern browsers.
- An easy to use editor.
- Pub, a new package manager
- Dartium, a Chromium build with native Dart support.
- A server-side I/O library.
- A language specification describing the Dart semantics, including new features," informs Google.
Dart includes a modern language, libraries and tools for building complex web applications. You can download the Dart Editor from dartlang.org.