Google launched "Boutiques.com," a personalized shopping experience that lets you find and discover fashion goods, by creating your own curated boutique or through a collection of boutiques curated by taste-makers -- celebrities, stylists, designers and fashion bloggers. Boutiques uses computer vision and machine learning technology to visually analyze your taste and match it to items you would like.
Boutiques also lets you build your own personalized boutique and get recommendations of products that match your taste, so people could shop your diverse styles.
Boutiques offers a variety of features including:
- "Advanced search filters 'genre, silhouette, pattern, color families and sizes'.
- Inspiration photos - Try a search for [yellow pumps] and you'll see matching outfit ideas to the right of search results. We feature images from streetstyle sites, and collage and styling sites to provide you with online equivalent of styled mannequins to give you inspiration.
- Hundreds of style rules -- like "heavily patterned handbags don't tend to go with heavily patterned dresses" -- used to develop a tool to suggest items that match to complete the look
- Visual search - We analyze the photograph of an item for its color, shape and pattern and try to help you find visually similar items.
- Boutiques on your tablet - Download our iPad application, lean back and move through inventory as if you were flipping through clothes on a rack at the store," explains Google