Google today introduced new features as New York Fashion Week hits the runways to Boutiques.com unveiled last November.
- First, Google added stunning new boutiques, including those from designers Helmut Lang, Michael Kors, Billy Reid and Thakoon.
- Google unveiled Designer Analytics tool that enables design partners to benefit from insight into how their products are searched, shopped and loved. With easy-to-understand data visualizations, Designer Analytics shows what colors, shapes and patterns are most loved and hated broadly (in categories such as shoes, dresses and handbags) and even down to how specific items are performing. Designers can also see how their stats compare to brands like them. Designer Analytics is available when logged in, and looks like this:
- Also, launched a public version called "Trend Analytics" that gives curious fashionistas a view into the latest, site-wide fashion trends. Using aggregate data from both Boutiques.com and Google Search, it shows the hottest colors of the season, the most-loved products and the must-have trends.
- Added enhanced features for boutiques, including a photo gallery and video upload (celebrity, designers, blogger and featured boutiques only) to give more opportunities for people to express who they are and share their unique point of view.
- Finally, kicked off a fashion trivia giveaway game, called "Sartorial Pursuit," which you can play anywhere via SMS/Twitter. "Each hour during fashion week, you'll find a new multiple-choice trivia question that ties into our trend analytics and features designers and products on the site. Follow the game on our Twitter account @BoutiquesStyle to answer quiz questions from home for a chance to win stylish Fashion Week prizes," stated Google.
[tags]boutiques.com,boutique,fashion week,social networking,social media,sms,tweets,new york fashion week[/tags]