Do you Office 365, Microsoft's Cloud service and productivity suite recently passed its 5th year anniversary has got a slew of new features and updates to help people, business and organization that uses Office 365 securily use the productivity cloud-app.
For those new, Microsoft Office 365 require nearly zero interaction with customer content by Microsoft employees. "Access is obtained through a rigorous access control technology called Customer Lockbox for Office 365, which helps you meet compliance obligations for explicit data access authorizatio," explains the company. If during a rare instance a Microsoft service engineer needs access to your data, "access control is extended to users for granting final access approval with actions taken by Microsoft employee are logged and accessible to you so that they can be audited."
In the news, the Office team last month extended Azure Rights Management to the Word, Excel and PowerPoint mobile apps for Android. This new extension providing full Office Mobile support for information rights management (IRM) to Android users.
As a result, "you can now open, read and review rights-protected emails and Office documents on any device--whether it runs Windows, Mac, iOS or Android," the team notes. Adding, "they're working on new features and enhancements to make IRM even better for Office 365 subscribers in the future."
And to help the organizations keep secure with more control over access to content stored in cloud services, the Microsoft new Office 365 Enterprise E5 plan provides "Advanced Threat Protection" and "Advanced Security Management" helping organizations defend against malware, viruses and other attacks.
With the Office 365 E5 plan, "advanced compliance is integrated into the service, so organizations can meet their unique requirements using a single cloud service," the team said.
On the other hadn, Office 365 Advanced eDiscovery simplifies the eDiscovery process, reducing the volume of data by finding near-duplicate files, reconstructing email threads and identifying key themes and data relationships.
To see how Office 365 E5 plan works, watch this video below:
Recently at the annual Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC), Microsoft announced the public preview of the Office 365 Network, an online community where IT pros, technical experts, product enthusiasts and Office 365 customers can come together to share information and best practices. Check out more here.
Other announcements include the launch of the preview of Microsoft Stream, a new business video service that makes it easier to access and discover video content inside your organization and to integrate video with business workflows. Check it out here.
In addition, Office 365 Data Loss Prevention Policy Tips exteneded to OneDrive mobile apps for Android, iOS and Universal Windows, which will let organizations empower their employees to work anywhere, at any time, while helping to protect their content.
Further, a new Office 365 service called Microsoft Bookings that while providing you a centralized booking calendar for a complete view of upcoming appointments help make appointment scheduling simpler and more efficient is announced.
Microsoft's digital storytelling app Sway's key improvements include: password protection to help control who sees your Sways, while the new content limits, lets you add more text, photos, videos and other content in your Sways. Finally, you can now remove informational footer as well.
We're also adding some smart features to Outlook to help you more easily manage your travel plans and package deliveries. Outlook will now make the most important details available at a glance, automatically add relevant information to your calendar and provide reminders to help keep you on time and on track.
The new Microsoft Planner offers a simple and visual way to organize structured teamwork. The tool is an addition to already provided tools like Outlook and Wunderlist. It's currently rolling out to Office 365 Enterprise E1–E5, Business Essentials, Premium and Education subscription plans.
And, the Skype Meetings, a new free online meetings tool offers small businesses real-time audio, HD video conferencing and collaboration features, such as the ability to IM, screens & content sharing, use of laser pointer and whiteboard features during meetings.
Also, the two new intelligent services, such as Researcher and Editor in Word are added to office app. "Researcher, helps you find and incorporate reliable sources and content in fewer steps, while Editor, a digital writing assistant that provides advanced proofing and editing," explains the office team.
Also, two new email efficiency features "Focused Inbox" and "@mentions" —are added to Outlook apps on Windows, Mac and Outlook web platform.
Focused Inbox automatically separates your inbox into two tabs--emails that matter most to you are in the "Focused" tab, while the rest remain easily accessible in the "Other" tab. "As you move email in or out of your Focused Inbox, Outlook's intelligence learns from your behavior to become even more tailored to your priorities going forward," explains office team.
@mentions on the other hand help in identifying emails that need your attention, as well as flag actions for others by just typing the @ symbol in the body of the email and pick the desired person. "Their name will automatically be highlighted with their email address automatically added to the To: line." And, when you are mentioned, the @ symbol will show up in Outlook, your name is highlighted in blue, and you can filter quickly to find all emails where you are mentioned.
For Office 365 administrators, the new version of Office 365 admin app making it more efficient to manage cloud service on the go is available for download. And the new SharePoint mobile app lets you put your intranet in your pocket and take it along, wherever you go.
- Tips and quick links on pages that you visit for the first time or that you don't use on a regular basis are now displayed at the bottom of a page.
- Active users page now let you export the list of active users by clicking Export in the upper right corner. In addition, user card now show the job title and department of each user at the top of the card.
- Subscriptions page now show which users you have assigned with a specific license.
The general availability of the Microsoft Excel REST API for Office 365 was annoounced recently—as part of the Microsoft Graph enables developers to build rich and deep integrations with Excel workbooks in Office 365. Check out more at dev.office.com/excel/rest, where you'll find documentation and code samples to help you get started.
Adding In November, we introduced PowerPoint Designer and Morph, helping anyone create polished slides and captivating motion with just a few clicks.
Microsoft added Zoom, which lets you easily create interactive, non-linear presentations. Office Insiders using PowerPoint 2016 on Windows desktops can now incorporate Zoom in three easy ways to build summary slides, depending on the depth of content and your use of sections. In addition, PowerPoint Designer and Morph, helping anyone create polished slides and captivating motion with just a few clicks is also availabe since November last.
With new upcoming experiences in Outlook, summary cards will soon deliver travel and package deliveries events in your inbox and calendar, highlighting the most important details. "You'll be able to take quick action to check in for flights, change hotel reservations and track packages."
Ink effects are now available for Office 365 subscribers in OneNote on Windows 10, and OneNote for Mac. For new users, Inking feature help you write, draw and highlight with tools on the new Draw tab using your mouse or trackpad. You can also use your third-party drawing tablet or display that uses a pen or stylus to write, draw and erase –just like pen and paper.
Also, OneNote Web Clipper for Chrome, Safari, and IE has received a number of new features helping you more control over your screen clippings before you send it into OneNote including:
- Preview—provide a preview so what you see is what you get.
- You can now clip videos from YouTube and Vimeo pages into OneNote.
- Now you can highlight sections of text, and those highlights will be saved to OneNote.
- Clip multiple regions of a webpage and save them all in a single OneNote page.
- Use your own title—Change the title of your page in the preview window before sending it to OneNote.
- Change the font size and type in your article to improve readability before you even clip it to OneNote.
Office 365 also received 12 new data transformation and connectivity features available by downloading the latest Power Query for Excel add-in. These features are based on Excel 2016 features based on Power Query technology, which provides fast, easy data gathering and shaping capabilities and can be accessed through the Get & Transform section on the Data ribbon.
- New SAP HANA connector.
- New SharePoint Folder connector.
- New Online Services connectors category.
- Improved DB2 connector, now leveraging the Microsoft driver for IBM DB2.
- Improved Text/CSV connector, now exposing editable settings in the preview dialog.
- Improved relational database connectors, now including Schema information as a part of the Navigation hierarchy.
- Data Source Settings enhancements, including "Change Source" capability.
- Advanced Filter Rows dialog mode within the Query Editor.
- Inline Input controls for Function invocation within the Query Editor.
- Support for reordering Query Steps within the Query Editor by using drag and drop gestures.
- Date picker support for input Date values in Filter Rows and Conditional Columns dialogs.
- New context menu entry to create new queries from the Queries pane within the Query Editor.
With Pokémon detector—now when you have the OneDrive app on your phone and camera upload is turned on, the screenshots you take from the game are automatically saved to OneDrive and 150 Pokémon are identified for your searching and viewing pleasure. You can also search for your favorite Pokémon by name.
Other improvements to OneDrive include:
- Automatic albums in OneDrive help you easily find and relive memories—on every Monday morning albums from your weekend photos are automatically created. OneDrive also now detects your new taken photos in a particular location and then put high quality photos into an album, and notify you to view and share on OneDrive.com, mobile apps or via Windows 10 Photos app.
- "On this day" on OneDrive.com shows you all your photos taken in the past.
- Improved search lets you search tagged or photos from a specific location directly from the All photos. You can even search using emojis. These searches also work in the OneDrive mobile apps.
- New photos view includes a hero image, larger thumbnails and a revised menu to help you quickly create an album or share photos.
- Windows 10 Photos app—now, when you sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account, all of your OneDrive photos show up—including albums that were created for you automatically by OneDrive! You can even upload local albums to OneDrive so that those albums roam with you and are available across all your devices.
Additionally, if your are looking to add your Gmail account to Windows 10 Mobile App, follow the steps below:
- Go to "Settings"
- Tap on "Accounts"
- Tap on "Your email and accounts"
- Tap "Add an account"
- Tap "Other accounts POP, IMAP"
- Enter your Email address and Password
- Tap the Sign in button
- Once you're signed in Open the Edge browser
- Visit gmail.com and log in to your Google account
- Open the message with the subject "Blocked sign-in attempt for security reasons"
- Tap on the Allow Access button
- You will be forwarded to the Google security setting page. "Under the Access for less secure apps", select "Turn on".
On August 5, Micorosoft announced the general availability of the new Power BI extensibility feature known as a Custom Visual Developer Tool.
Additionally it also explained how Microsoft Power BI in Office 365 can help sales representatives gain insights, avoid missed opportunities and close more deals by making it easier for them to collect, unify and visualize all of their data in one place.
Refer to the resources under as you explore new developer experiences.
Here are some resources to refer to as you explore our new developer experiences.
Microsoft has also rollout modern SharePoint lists to SharePoint Online, along with one-click integration of PowerApps and Microsoft Flow, which gives you powerful new collaboration capabilities.
And, a new OneNote Staff Notebook API for Office 365 available today, allows staff notebook creation in the following locations: "Notebooks on OneDrive for Business, SharePoint site notebooks. and Unified group notebooks."
"Suppose you are the IT admin of your school. Wouldn't it be great if teachers came in on the first day of the new semester and found a OneNote staff notebook created for the school staff? With the new OneNote Staff Notebook API, you can do just that! If you have the rosters of your school staff, all you need is a simple script that calls the OneNote Staff Notebook API to create a staff notebook with the proper people pre-added," explains the company how it works in a scenario.
Finally, Office Online extension is now available for Microsoft Edge, that puts an Office icon on the toolbar allows users to easily create and open Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Sway documents using Office Online.
"It just got even easier to create, share and collaborate with Office Online using your favorite browser. The extension also keeps track and surfaces any recent documents that you have opened with Office Online to help you find the documents you need faster —right from the Microsoft Edge browser," Microsoft Office team said.
Grab it at Windows Store.