Search engine Blekko is launching "Blekkogear" hub for its publishing tools, presenting a package suite of search-related iframe embeds for publishers as well as its already existing toolbar and other goodies. Instead of coming up with its own version of Google Analytics or AdSense, Blekko has gone the widget route, riding the wave of publicity surrounding the JC Penney paid links controversy by emphasizing search transparency.
Here's what you get from Blekkogear:
- Blekko Link Roll Widget allows you to customize a widget showing recent inbound links to your site as they happen in "realtime," as organic linking is a the web's foremost method of validation.
- Embeddable Search Box. Blekko now offers publishers the ability to embed a custom Blekko search box on different verticals, using the Blekko curated slashtags like /techblogs or /food or even something more personalized.
- Blekko Toolbar allows you to search from Blekko, add your Blekko slashtags from your browser, view a site's SEO statistics (including visible stats for Inlinks and Site Rank) as well as mark sites as spam while you browse.
- Blekko RSS Feeds. Blekkogear now provides you with a one stop shop to create RSS feeds for slashtag searches, like this one for techblogs.
- Blekko Search Engine Default. Allows you to easily make Blekko your default search engine, another one that's a no-go for Chrome and inexplicably Safari.
- Site Badge. Blekko is also offering a badge with it own Site Rank score and Inbound links numbers, for websites who want to take pride in where they stand on Blekko and look super nerdy in the process.
More Info: Blekkogear