Blekko, the new search engine that is using human curation to eliminate spam from search results, launched its new iPhone and Android app. Users can now download the Blekko search app and slash in what they want and slash out what they don't -- directly from the iPhone and Android devices.
Blekko's mobile app offers a variety of features available on its existing desktop version, including the popular /date functionality, which serves up not only the most relevant, but also the most recent results in date order. Other unique features include the ability to mark search results as spam, ensuring they never show up in your results again.
Features on the Blekko mobile application include:
- Log into your Blekko account and search vertically with slashtags via the Blekko search index
- Add any search result to your slashtags or create a slashtag directly from the app
- Access real time data by adding /date to your search
- Pivot easily between different slashtag categories suggested by Blekko
- Mark search results as spam so they never show up in your results again
- Quickly access a website's SEO data on the fly
Blekko's mobile application is free and can be downloaded via the iTunes store and Android Market.