BlackBery today announced that developers can now sign apps using the latest version of the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK. Be sure you have installed the most recent version of either the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR, or the BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for BlackBerry Tablet OS.
"Before you start signing your app, fill out the form - registration is free, but credit card is required for registration process. A $1 hold will be placed on your account to verify the credit card. The hold is released after your credit card company accepts the transaction, and the hold willn't appear on your monthly bill. When the registration process is complete, you receive a CSJ registration file via email," explains BB.
There're two phases of signing process: configuring your computer, and signing the app. You only need to configure your computer once. To configure your computer:
- Initialize communication with RIM Signing Authority tool designed to prevent tampering and eavesdropping on info it exchanges with RIM SA.
- Register your CSJ registration file with RIM SA: Once you've initialized communication channel, you can register CSJ file, which uniquely identifies you to RIM SA.
- Ensure you've a Developer Certificate: You can use signing tool to create a developer certificate, or provide your own. If you create a Developer Certificate using signing tools, ensure that the common name (company name) parameter matches what you enter in Company field on the registration form. If you've an existing Developer Certificate you use to sign your Adobe Flash apps, ensure that the name you enter in Company field on the registration form matches the common name (company name) of your existing certificate. You'll not be able to sign your BB Tablet OS App if these names don't match.
Once your development environment is configured, you're ready to sign your application:
- Request signature from RIM SA: Use the signing tool to request that RIM SA applies a signature to your app.
- Apply your signature: Use signing tool to sign your app using your Developer Certificate.
[tags]mobile developers,mobile development,signing tool,blackberry webworks,adobe flash[/tags]