As of April 8, when you attempt to access the BlackBerry App World client on your BlackBerry smartphone, you will receive the following message: "You must upgrade your client in order to continue". This mean, all BlackBerry App World 1.1 users will be required to upgrade to the latest version of BlackBerry App World 2.1.
BlackBerry App World 2.1 include following features & improvements:
- BlackBerry ID account syncing
- Carrier billing (dependent upon user region and carrier), credit card, PayPal payment support
- Improved navigation with Top 25 lists and enhanced application carousel
- App barcode scanning support
- In-app payment support
You can upgrade to 2.1 using the following methods:
- Clicking "Download Now" when prompted to upgrade from the BlackBerry App World client
- Visiting the Download BlackBerry App World page to update via desktop or mobile browser
For information on how to upgrade, please visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center to read the following article: KB26170 -- How to upgrade BlackBerry App World 1.1 to the latest version.
[Source: BlackBerry Blog]