Research in Motion's preview BlackBerry App World 2.0 features:
- users will have option to bill app purchases to their wireless carrier's calling plan, or to directly charge to a credit card.
- If you prefer paying with PayPal, you'll be asked for your PayPal account email and password once, and then all your purchases can be made using your PayPal account.
- If App World credit card payments are available in your country, you'll see new "Credit Card" option where you can securely enter and save your credit card information for all your App World purchases.
- new "Top 25" screen, let you see Newest apps, Recently Updated apps, Top 25 Free Apps, Top 25 Paid Apps, and Top 25 Themes. These lists update every 24 hours, and are based on a combination of number of downloads and user ratings.
- "BlackBerry ID" is simply a user's master account for App World which lets users easily re-install apps or migrate them from one device to another. The ID is not associated with a particular device, but is instead linked to a user's "My World"
- also incorporating QR barcodes into app profiles. With these, users can simply click "Scan a Barcode" in App World, and point their BlackBerry camera at an optical pattern which loads up an apps profile or triggers a download.