BizTalk Server 2013, an integration server that provides connectivity, Business Process Management (BPM), and SOA/ESB capabilities is now available for download.
It also includes Business to Business (B2B) integration capabilities, Adapters, Accelerators, and an RFID platform. The following feature are included in this addition:
- Integration with Cloud Services - BizTalk Server 2013 Beta includes new out-of-the box adapters to send and receive messages from Windows Azure Service Bus. It also provides capabilities to transfer messages using different relay endpoints hosted on Azure.
- RESTful services - BizTalk Server 2013 Beta provides adapters to invoke REST endpoints as well as expose BizTalk Server artifacts as a RESTful service.
- Enhanced SharePoint adapter - Integrating with SharePoint using BizTalk Server 2013 Beta is now as simple as integrating with a file share. We have removed the need for dependency on SharePoint farms, while still providing backward compatibility.
- SFTP adapter - BizTalk Server 2013 Beta enables sending and receiving messages from an SFTP server.
- ESB Toolkit integration - With BizTalk Server 2013 Beta, ESB Toolkit is now fully integrated with BizTalk Server. Also, the ESB Toolkit configuration experience is vastly simplified to enable a quick setup.
- Dependency tracking - The dependencies between artifacts can now be viewed and navigated in Admin console.
- Improvements in dynamic send ports - BizTalk Server 2013 Beta provides the ability to set host handler per adapter, instead of always using the default send handler of the adapters.
- Data Integration - Several key updates in integration with DB2.
- Application Integration - Updates to Transaction Integrator designer, tools and accounting.
- Network Integration - Direct connectivity from Server/Client to IBM mainframe systems using fully managed TN3270E runtime.
- Message Integration - WCF Channel Support for WebSphere MQ v7.5 and v7.1.
- Platform Support - Introducing the support for Window Server 2012, Visual Studio 2012, SQL Server 2012, BizTalk 2013 and IBM Systems.
Office 2013 Administrative Template files (ADMX/ADML) and Office Customization Tool includes Group Policy Administrative Template files and Office Customization Tool files for use with Office 2013 applications.
"It also includes an \Admin folder with an Office Customization Tool, and ADMX and ADML versions of Office 2013 system Administrative Template files. For administrative template files, you may use the combination of ADMX and language-specific ADML files on computers running at least Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008," Microsoft stated.
Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM) 2.0 Beta include a series of high level product goals including:
- "Empowering users to support themselves with a self-service recovery portal (e.g. Lost PIN)
- Integrating MBAM with the System Center Configuration Manager 2007 or 2012
- Simplifying provisioning and eliminating common support scenarios
- Helping IT better report on and enforce compliance," informs Microsoft
Advance Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP) 1.0 approved as an OASIS Standard on October 29, 2012.
"AMQP 1.0 as an open, interoperable, wire level messaging protocol enables interoperability between compliant clients and brokers. AMQP 1.0 libraries are available for a variety of languages and platforms. The interest amongst users is growing. Support for AMQP 1.0 is anticipated in various message-oriented middleware implementations. AMQP 1.0 is the protocol of choice for open and interoperable messaging from the client all the way to the cloud!," Interoperability @ Microsoft blog state.
Windows Azure Toolkit for Eclipse, November 2012 Preview (version 1.8.0) now includes a new component "Package for Apache Qpid Client Libraries for JMS (by MS Open Tech)" which makes it easier for Java developers who use Eclipse to develop Java applications that use AMQP 1.0 for messaging.
The key highlights of this release include:
- updated "Windows Azure Plugin for Eclipse with Java" supports using Windows Server 2012 as the target operating system in the cloud
- plugin now allows you to easily configure Windows Azure Caching, so you can use a memcached-compatible client for co-located, in-memory caching scenarios
- toolkit now includes a new component: "Package for Apache Qpid Client Libraries for JMS (by MS Open Tech)", which is a distribution of the latest client libraries from Apache supporting AMQP 1.0-based messaging recently enabled by Windows Azure Service Bus
- BizTalk Server 2013 Beta
- Office 2013 Administrative Template files (ADMX/ADML) and Office Customization Tool
- MBAM 2.0 Beta
- AMQP 1.0
- Windows Azure Plugin for Eclipse with Java - November 2012 Preview