Bing Webmaster Tools added a new tool callded “Markup Validation Tool” on the “Crawl” tab, to help you understand if the “added markup code is actually going to be readable, as intended.”
“While the markup code being inaccurate will not cause your page to render any differently in most cases, having the syntax incorrect can affect our ability to use the data as you intend,” Bing stated. Adding, now “you can easily check URLs for valid markup code from inside your webmaster tools account, bing said.
“When you enter a URL into the tool, the system will scan the URL and show the data we’ve found, when it is implemented correctly. If you scan a page which does not have any markup installed, or where the markup is not installed correctly, you will see an error message.”
“If you are experiencing errors when using the tool to check your markup installation, please reference the links provided above to ensure you are using the code as intended within the parameters specified for each language, explains Bing.
The tool scans for the most common markup languages, and will display them if they are properly implemented:
- HTML Microdata
- Open Graph
Also, Bing search blog today highlighted a few new features including:
- Bing Homepage: Daily Inspiration
Bing now includes a new beautiful image daily, information hotspots embedded in the image, popular searches, and links to video, news, shopping, travel, images, entertainment and maps. In addition, Bing homepage occasionally features rich HTML5-powered videos in place of the daily image, providing people with an even more immersive experience.
- Bing Travel: Price Predictor help you find out whether fares are rising or dropping and whether you should buy now or wait.
- Bing Video: Smart Motion Preview lets you hover over a video and immediately watch a preview without having to travel to the site.
- Bing Music: Artists pulls everything together in one place. From videos, albums, show schedules, biographies and even the ability to listen or purchase the song from Zune, Amazon MP3 or iTunes.
- Bing Events: FanSnap lets you find and compare event tickets from leading tickets sites, check out the view from the seat and quickly find the best value in Bing. Even Super Bowl tickets!
- Bing Local: Action Buttons
Bing provides a plethora of information about local businesses including action buttons to get stuff done faster. Search results also may offer quick links to customer reviews, menus, one-click directions and an interior panorama or Streetside view of the location, if available.
- Bing Maps: Mall Maps allow you to view individual stores, layout, parking, ATMs and entrances, as well as many other mall services for nearly 700 malls across the US, France, Germany and the UK — all within Bing Maps.
- Bing Shopping: Deals available at Bing.com/deals, visually organizes nearly 300,000 of the hottest deals from across the Web along with daily deals in 12 cities, in one convenient location.
- Bing Maps: Airport Maps give you everything you need to navigate your travels, including information on parking garages, ticket counter locations, terminals and gates, baggage claims, currency exchange, and more. “The maps also feature a sortable directory of airlines, cafes and restaurants. Currently, there are airport maps for more than 50 airports, covering most of the medium- and large-hub airports in the United States,” Bing said.
- Bing Everywhere: Bing on Xbox, Bing for Mobile and Bing for iPad
“We make Bing available in convenient and intuitive ways that take advantage of the capabilities across a breadth of devices. You can see this today with features like: voice search on Bing for Xbox, implicit search such as Local Scout on Windows Phone, the ability to search using your phone’s camera with Bing Vision and touch/contextual search through the Lasso feature on the Bing for iPad app,” added Bing.
Watch the video demonstrating the above features: