If search trends are a sure indication of an Oscar win, then this year's best picture statue goes to Black Swan. The Academy released their nominees on Monday and we thought it would be interesting to find out what people out there are thinking about and searching for this Oscar season.
According to the results, the people's choice for best supporting actress and actor were left on the cutting room floor.
- According to Bing's survey, 32% of respondents said Michael Douglas should have nabbed a best supporting actor nomination for his role in Wall Street II.
- 41% said Mila Kunis should have been nominated for best supporting actress.
When asked which Golden Globe nominees would get snubbed at the Academy Awards, those surveyed were spot on:
- 25% said Emma Stone would get snubbed for the best actress nomination
- 23% said Johnny Depp would get snubbed for the best actor nomination
- 30% said Alice in Wonderland and 25% said Burlesque would get snubbed for Best Picture nomination
Searches for "Mark Zuckerburg" jumped 5.5 fold in Oct, the same month that "The Social Network" was released in the U.S. In fact, searches for "Facebook" more than doubled during Oct. and Nov. 2010, returning to the 2010 average in the month of Dec.
[tags]oscar,film awards,golden blobe,nominees,academy awards,social media,social nework,social networkingm[/tags]