As on January 17, Bing now show an average of five times more Facebook content in the social sidebar, including "status updates, shared links, comments and photos" from your friends.
"It's now easier to see who knows and what they've shared related to your search. So when your friends aren't around, Bing is the perfect stand-in," Microsoft stated.
Further, the company notes, as you would expect, "Bing lets you control what you share and respects your Facebook privacy settings, nothing is shared automatically, you only see what your friends give you permission to see (though their Facebook settings) so you only share what you want to share."
Additonally, Bing also made following changes as on today:
- Now discover great moments with the Friends' Photos in full-screen detail.
- Tap into the Best of the Social Web: To get you the best of the social web, Bing also curates information from Twitter, foursquare, Quora, Klout, Google+ and more.
- Streamlined design: bing removed the "hover over a friend or expert" to see additional content - ":now with one glance you can see content front and center clearly marked "social results"," Bing said.
- Left-justified search results so there is less blank space on the page.
- For additional social results, Bing added "+ see all" icon that lets you dive into more information.
To try it out, visit Bing, click on Connect with Facebook, and you're good to go!
See it in action in the video below:
In other Microsoft news, NHL GameCenter launches on Xbox LIVE around the globe, "giving Gold subscribers access to their favorite NHL hockey action right from their Xbox and just in time for the 2013 season to take center ice."
NHL GameCenter for Xbox 360 brings you live games, replays, classic games, and videos from NHL VideoCenter, plus controller-free entertainment with the power of Kinect for Xbox 360.
Microsoft Press is now offering a 50% discount code for ebooks available from O'Reilly Media, the official distributor for Microsoft Press.
"As a Microsoft Partner Network member, you know how important your company's success is to Microsoft. To that end, Microsoft Press has learning resources to help you achieve the goals for your business quickly, effectively, and economically," O'Reilly states on their website. .
"Microsoft Press ebooks from O'Reilly.com are DRM-free. You get free access, multiple file formats, and free updates. Now includes Dropbox syncing," the comapny added.
Books such as Windows Phone 8 Development Internals, Word 2013 Plain & Simple, Windows 8 Step by Step, and Windows 8 Inside Out are all available to you at half the cost!
Visti, this link, and use the discount code MPNMEMBEROFFER.
Microsoft Open Tech publishes HTML5 Labs prototype of a Customizable, Ubiquitous Real Time Communication over the Web API proposal.
"The hard work continues at the W3C WebRTC Working Group where we collectively aim to define a standard for customizable, ubiquitous Real Time Communication over the Web. In support of our earlier proposal, Microsoft Open Technologies, Inc., (MS Open Tech) is now publishing a working prototype implementation of the CU-RTC-Web proposal on HTML5Labs to demonstrate a real world interoperability scenario - in this interop case, voice chatting between Chrome on a Mac and IE10 on Windows via the API," wrote Microsoft on its blog.
Hyper-V Management Pack for Windows Server 2012 now available offer supports monitoring of Windows Server Hyper-V 2012 systems.
"This includes monitoring coverage of Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V host servers, including critical services and disks, and Hyper-V virtual machines including virtual components and virtual hardware," Microsoft stated.
- Management of critical Hyper-V services that affect virtual machines and host server functionality
- Management of host server logical disks that affect virtual machine health
- Full representation of virtualization in a single Hyper-V host server, including virtual networks, and virtual machines
- Monitoring of virtual machine hardware components that affect availability
Grab the Hyper-V MP for Windows Server 2012 here.