Microsoft's Bing search engine announced a series of features including:
- a new Bing Instant Answers that bring you all the latest details from the turf.
- For US, UK, and Canada two visual search galleries are launched for the World Cup, one that lets you research players and one with all the details on the individual teams
- In the team's gallery, clicking on your favorite team's flag will provide even more details about the team stats, images, and news
- a Bing Map App that'll be displaying FIFA live data on Bing Maps, which includes; team fixtures, results, news, photos, venues, a Photosynth hub for World Cup images, and a Twitter map that'll display all of World Cup related tweets etc. -- to make it easier for fans to follow the action in South Africa.
- Also, Bing is launching in conjunction with Foursquare and Thrillist which will allow fans to earn a Bing-branded soccer jersey "badge" and earn discounts at local soccer pubs in select cities in the U.S. that are showing games.