Microsoft updated its “Bing Get Me There app for Windows Phone,” is a London travel app that gets you from where you are right now to wherever you want to be. The updated app now pulls in transportation data from District Light Railway (DLR), London Buses and Overground services along with the data it already used from Bing maps and London Underground.
True door-to-door directions using Bing maps and live tube updates to ensure you get the best route for you. Business, home address, or tube station, Bing Get Me There will get you there! (more screens under this post)
New in this release is:
- Mango updates (Fast app switching, Pinning journeys to tiles)
- Set your home location ‘My place’ and pin it to a live tile to get you home fast!
- Added DLR, London buses and London Overground trains to journey planning
The Bing Get Me There app also offer a “Get me Home” button which can be pinned to the Start Screen of a Windows Phone for quick access.
“For any tourist, traveling through London can be daunting especially when there’s no train or bus station in sight. Even if you’re a seasoned commuter and there’s a service interruption, it’s great to have that re-assurance in your pocket to know you’re heading in the right direction,” Microsoft stated.
Key features includes:
- Plan journeys using Bing maps, the London Underground network, DLR, London buses and London Overground trains
- Full tube maps and live service updates
- Full DLR and live service updates
- Live departures and status updates by tube station
- Nearest tube/train stations (with map and walking directions)
- Full Overground and live service updates
- Station open/close times
- Set up favourite journeys with ‘live tile’ alerts on your home screen
- Weekend service updates
- Offline access to tube maps (great for when you are on the tube)
- Pin favourite journeys to start page
- Get me Home which can be pinned to the start page
- Live travel updates viewable from the start page
The Bing Get Me There app is available from Windows Phone Marketplace.