Last call for Standard Text Ads (STAs) creation support, which ends July 31, 2007, Bing ads has now officially announced that on July 31, advertisers will not be able to create new and edit existing STAs.
With this announcement, Bing ads moving ahead with the transition to expanded text ads. To this end, the team recently made changes to help advertisers easily convert STAs to expanded text ads (EXTAs) via updates tools such as "Bing Ads Web UI" and "Bing Ads Editor."
Bing ads notes, that though after the date customers will only be able to create and edit EXTAs, but all existing STAs for the "foreseeable future" will continue to serve alongside expanded text ads.
There is no date currently to when sunset seving STA's, but advertisers will be notify well in advance one decided, says Bing ads.
Furthermore, best practices to help improve implementation and increase performance of EXTAs, along with suggested tips are published. Bing says customers should look for their EXTAs performance before moving to 100% adoption and deleting STAs.
And, EXTAs must be created within existing campaigns and ad groups along current STAs:
- Use Standard Text Ads as a baseline to measure how well Expanded Text Ads are performing
- Create a 1:1 ratio of EXTA to STA ads in each ad group to maximize EXTA impressions
- Helps avoid impression and click loss while testing EXTAs
- Assures that EXTAs inherit all ad extensions and other set ups from the existing STAs
Bing further advises customer to take full advantage of the additional character limits like:
- Use your best performing STA copy as a starting point when creating EXTAs
- Experiment with messaging (try different length combinations)
- Remember that headlines are important. Longer headlines help increase the visual space of text ads and help communicate additional information to searchers
- Think about using content such as domain, display, description, query in ad title 2
In addition, below are some tips as well for optimizing EXTAs when created:
- Review ad extensions to ensure that they have fresh, differentiated content from expanded headlines
- Add brand in the headline for trust
- Write clear and more specific offers—say for example, rather than "big discounts," specify an exact percentage, such as "50% off," says bing.
Bing is also released an update to Add Keyword Oppoutunity, now enabling you to be able to adjust bids or edit Keyword Opportunities before you accept them. Moreover, advertisers will now receive notifications when new Keyword Opportunities become available.
Along with Keyword Opportunities, customers will also get bid suggestions and volume projections, to help select Keyword Opportunities to start taking advantage right away.
If you're not aware, "Add Keyword Opportunities in Bing Ads app for iOS and Android, provides keyword suggestions based on campaigns' ads, landing pages and existing keywords."