Bing Ads is developing a new Search Terms Report to help advertisers add keywords and negative keywords directly through the Web UI's Keywords tab.
"For those of you who have established best practices of leveraging the Search Query Report to manage search traffic, it will continuously be available on Web UI, Editor and API," Bing said.
At its debut, the new Search Terms Report will let you use it to:
"Identify the search terms that are generating a lot of clicks and add those as keywords with appropriate bids," bing explains that for example, "if the Search Terms Report shows your broad match keyword, golf club, is attracting a lot of clicks from the search query, "Nicklaus claw golf club," and also that search term converts well on your web site, then you should add that term to your keywords list and bid appropriately to generate more click volume."
The report will also let you "identify search terms that are not relevant to the campaign and add those as negative keywords to filter out traffic that is less likely to convert," Bing said.
For example, "if the Search Query Report shows your broad match keyword, golf club, is attracting clicks from the search query, "apple mountain golf club," but this term is not relevant to your campaign, then you should consider adding "apple mountain golf club" as a negative keyword to block that traffic," explains bing.
In addition, the filtering functionality, can be used "as an option" to locate specific search terms for optimization.
Additioally, you will also be able to filter out any "search terms" that already exist as keywords in the ad group.
Update 05/14: David Pann, GM, Microsoft Advertising Search Group, in a blog post ahead of "state of the state" meetings with clients in Europe, posted an update on Bing Ads and the Yahoo! Bing Network stating,
"We are pleased with our partnership with Yahoo! and very encouraged by the momentum we are seeing in terms of revenue per thousand searches (RPM), ad relevance and the growth trajectory of Bing Ads."
Pann also shared some milestones and metrics achieved in recent past months:
- "We have delivered more than 1,000 platform updates that have increased marketplace parity; improved the UX and editor navigability and speed; and improved compatibility/functionality with 3rdparty tool providers.
- We have increased efficiencies on our platform by 21% YoY, making it easier for advertisers to manage their campaigns
- We have launched in 15 additional markets in 2012, with 31 more to come in 2013
- We have experienced a 25% increase in click volume since last year
- Our new ad formats - Long Ad Titles, Sitelink Extensions and Local Ad Extensions - are each contributing double digit RPM improvements," writes Pann.