Making it easier to understand Bings Ad's performance, Bing added new "period comparison" to compare between two time periods.
With this feature, advertiser can now see a side-by-side comparison of how ads performed between two time periods. In addition, changes in impressions, clicks, and many more performance metrics are also available now in the Campaigns tab, writes Bing.
How does it work?
Open the date range selector in either the Campaigns, Ad Groups, Ads, Keywords, or Ad Extensions grids. Then, turn "Compare" from Off to On by clicking on the toggle. Followed by, select a time period for comparison out of the following three options, and click Apply. After, you can expand every performance metric column by clicking the '+' icon.
In additon, users can also see sub-column data for any segments applied on grid. These new columns is available downloaded file as well. Additionally, you can also apply filter on sub-columns. Following four sub-columns are available under every performance metric for deeper analysis:
- Performance from your current period
- Performance from your comparison period
- Change (Current Performance - Comparison Performance)
- Change % ((Current – Comparison)/Comparison * 100%)
Options for time period comparison:
- Previous period: if current time range selected is "this month" (e.g. 3/1-3/31), then previous last month would be (e.g. 2/1-2/29).
- Same period last year: if current time range selected is "this month" (e.g. 3/1/16 – 3/31/16), then same period in last year would be (e.g. 3/1/15 – 3/31/15).
- Custom: Any length of time within 3 years before today can be selected as a comparison period, explains bing.