Bing Social Sidebare gets a new addition "news authors" added to the "People Who Know" section for the customers in the US. Now, when you search for a topic, "authors who frequently write articles related to your query will appear alongside other experts and enthusiasts in the sidebar," informs Bing.
"While the Bing social sidebar provides a summary for some authors, you'll see a link to "See all articles" which takes you to that author's articles related to your query right in Bing," adds the bing team.
To learn more about the person, just hover over the person's name, and you can also see their top articles related to your query, or link to their Twitter page.
For those not aware, "Bing's sidebar helps connect you to these types of people; people who are knowledgeable on the topic you're searching for including friends you know and experts and enthusiasts you may or may not be familiar with."
Also, Bing launched a new iOS mobile app called "Edibly," that lets you see what's new at the market via the "What's New Page", search and browse through products, create a shopping list to prepare for your outing and navigate through the market using the digital map.
"In collaboration with The Pike Place Market Preservation and Development Authority (PDA), we are piloting this new experience at the historic Pike Place Market in Seattle," Bing posted.
"Edibly Pike Place Market allows you to find fresh or featured products, search for specific ingredients, create a custom shopping list or navigate via a detailed map of the Market. Enhance your next visit to the Pike Place Market with information provided by Edibly," the app description stated.
Available to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users in the US, Edibly allows you to:
- Shop with confidence: You can preview what's available at the market and view and compare products so you can purchase the item that's best for you
- Save time: See where the vendors and products you want to see are on a map of the market to navigate your way through the market easily
- Discover new products: Edibly is currently focused on the fresh, seasonal and local products available at Pike Place Market, helping people easily see what's new
- Vendor Information: View hours, practices, and contact info
- Product Information: Compare prices, read descriptions, view photos and availability
- Market Information: See what's new at the market, hours, and parking info
- Shopping List: Prepare for your visit to the market and save time when you are there
- Market Map: Find vendors at the market, and map products on your shopping list to save time.
You grab Edibly for iOS from the iTunes Apps Store.
If you're in Seattle (or planning to visit) check out Edibly in the iTunes App Store. Stay tuned for more updates.
Also, Bing is testing a new image feature on its home page that let users download the daily image wallpaper.