Clean Trunks provides SEO Friendly URLs for post and page slugs automatically. This plugin does smart trunking on word boundaries to a configurable maximum number of characters. `Smart trunking` is achieved by use of an updateable keyword stoplist to help create those perfect SEO urls automatically.
- Plugin configuration page where the maximum url length can be changed and the stopword list edited.
- Default stopword list supplied and loaded.
- Download pluging, extract to a local folder.
- Upload clean-trunks folder to wp-content/plugins/ folder.
Note: a. The zip contains two files: `clean-trunks.php` (the plugin) and `stopwords.txt` (default stopword list). The latter is used to load a default stop word list for the plugin to filter against once activated.
b. If you deactivate the plugin at any point, make sure you have a `stopwords.txt` file in the plugin subfolder.
- Activate from the plugins page in the WordPress admin panel.
After activation, Options menu in WordPress admin panel, you’ll find an administration interface where you can:
- Update the maximum url size which the truncation will work towards. Default: 35 characters.
- Edit the stop words filter list.
- You can always revert to the original stop word list by de-activating and re-activating the plugin at any time.