Automated rules in DoubleClick Search, allows to schedule changes to specific ads and keywords, based on criteria that you determine.
""Automated rules" helps you spend less time on repetitive tasks and manage your accounts more efficiently with custom rules. You can set the conditions directly in the UI, specify the desired action if the conditions are met, and determine the schedule for when you want the rule to run," the DS team writes.
In addition, the team says, they'll also introduce a ability to set rules for campaigns and ad groups, and offer even more actions to perform, including applying labels and adjusting your budget.
To this end, the team also made setting up rules in the UI easy:
- "In the DS UI, navigate to the page with a table of ads or keywords.
- In the upper righthand corner of the UI, select a date range for the rule. Note that custom date ranges are not supported for rules, as they are absolute date ranges and stats, and will not change over time.
- Above the reporting table, click Rules, and follow the in-UI steps to create a new rule.
After you save the rule, you'll receive email notifications when it runs, to alert you if the criteria was met to apply the rule. You can view your rules on the rule details page, pause or delete rules as needed, and changes applied from Automated rules are logged in change history," explains the DS team.
With Automated rules you can:
- "Preview ads or keywords that will match your conditions. Before you save a rule, DoubleClick Search will show you which ads or keywords will be affected. This helps to ensure that your rule will cover the intended ads or keywords.
- Combine rules with the power of formula columns. Use formula columns as a condition to create even more advanced rules. For example, you can set the following rule: if your keywords (Cost + Fees) exceeds $200, then pause the keyword.
- Refine your rules with date range segmentation. When creating the conditions for a rule, you'll see the time frame (e.g., Last 30 days) for the data in the creation wizard. DoubleClick Search will evaluate the condition based on the data in this date range to assess whether it will apply your rule," Google explains.
For more information on Automated rules, visit this Help Center.
Update 05/02: DoubleClick Search (DS) added following features:
DS API Interface - Conversion Service feature allows advertisers to factor in conversions that occurred offline for transactions that started online from users interacting with their online search ads.
"When a consumer initiates research online for a purchase and clicks on an ad, but completes his/her purchase offline (or via phone), this provides an easy way for advertisers to connect the dots and attribute those offline conversions to their online advertising campaigns," informs DS team.
Apply a bid strategy at the campaign or ad group level, instead of always having to add one keyword at a time. This makes it easier to get started on optimizing bids using all the keywords in an ad group or campaign.
Automated rules are back and let you schedule changes to specific ads and keywords based on criteria you specify. You set up the conditions, specify the action if the conditions are met, and set up a schedule for when you want the rule to run.
Bing Ads version 8 updates now lets you updates to campaign budget type, device targeting, language, and more.
Mobile preferred option for inventory ad templates are now part of the DS inventory management feature, and lets you select the new Mobile preferred option for AdWords enhanced campaigns.