AT&T announced select smartphone customers will soon be able to connect multiple devices from their smartphone -- via Wi-Fi using AT&T Mobile Hotspot app. The feature will first be available Feb.13, beginning with the in-store launch of the HTC Inspire 4G. Bundled with the AT&T Data Pro plan, customers will benefit from a total of 4GB for $45 per month.
2 GB of data added to tethering plans: In addition, also on Feb.13th, to bring AT&T's smartphone tethering plan in line with the AT&T Mobile Hotspot offer, AT&T will automatically add the additional 2GB of monthly data usage to smartphone customers already on a tethering plan -- at no extra charge. Customers will incur the same $20 monthly fee they're accustomed to paying, only now they'll receive an extra 2GB of data each month that can be used among all devices. (Customers will receive a text message from AT&T -- as soon as Feb.13 -- once the additional 2GB has been auto-added to their plan.)
AT&T Mobile Hotspot details include:
- Connectivity for multiple wireless devices to AT&T's mobile broadband network
- 2 GB of data usage for $20 a month, bundled with AT&T's Data Pro plan ($25 / 2GB)
- The combined AT&T Data Pro plus AT&T Mobile Hotspot will provide 4GB for $45 per month
- 4GB applies to collective use among all devices
- Overage fee of $10 per gigabyte
AT&T also offering a new trade-in service to AT&T stores nationwide. Beginning Feb.13, FlipSwap's trade-in service will launch in all AT&T stores, allowing AT&T customers to turn in old wireless phones and receive an AT&T promotional card reflective of the device's trade-in value and condition, as determined by FlipSwap. Customers can use the card to offset the cost of some of the latest wireless devices or the purchase of other AT&T products and services. All phones -- regardless of manufacturer or date purchased -- will be considered for trade-in.
Here's how the program will work:
- Customers can visit any AT&T retail location to take advantage of the trade-in, available to AT&T customers purchasing a device through either new service activation or a device upgrade.
- Store representatives will facilitate the trade-in request in real-time and provide the customer with a value estimate.
- Representatives will also provide all the necessary FlipSwap instructions and forms -- including detailed instructions on how to wipe the device clean of any personal info -- as well as a prepaid USPS padded envelope and shipping label for the device; customers simply follow the instructions, package their phones and mail the envelope.
- Customers will receive an AT&T promotional card -- good for use in any AT&T store or online at www.att.com -- in the mail roughly two to four weeks after FlipSwap receives the device and verifies its condition.
[tags]mobile internet,mobile broadband,wireless phones,cellphones,hotspot,tethering,htc inspire 4g,trade-in[/tags]