Windows Azure Plugin for Eclipse with Java April 2011 CTP is now available and adds to Eclipse a set of wizards and dialogs which guide the Java developer through the configuration of all relevant projects settings when targeting Windows Azure. The plugin builds on top of the Windows Azure Starter Kit for Java, which's primarily a command-line toolset based on a simple Azure project template which includes elements required to package and deploy your Java app to Azure.
Here's a list of the features, including the April 2011 CTP:
- Eclipse wizards to create and build new Windows Azure projects in Eclipse,
- Shortcuts to deploy and start the project in the Windows Azure Compute Emulator,
- Association of *.cscfg and *.csdef files with the Eclipse XML editor for easier XML editing,
- New with April CTP: Eclipse wizards to add/remove/configure Windows Azure roles for your project during project creation or project properties editing
- New with April CTP: Eclipse wizards to add/remove/configure role endpoints during project creation or project properties editing (ports)
The Windows Azure Plugin for Eclipse with Java is an Open Source project released under the Apache 2.0 license, and the source code is available here.
[Via: Interoperability @ Microsoft]