Apple released a Beta of version of “MobileMe Calendar,” that includes a new web application at me.com with great-looking calendar views.
- You’ll find redesigned day, week, and month views, as well as new list view to make scanning your events easier. Your calendars will also load faster, and works best with Safari 5, Firefox 3.6, and Internet Explorer 8.
- You can easily share your calendars with one or more MobileMe members to keep everyone on same page. You can allow person you’re sharing a calendar with to edit events, and set up email notifications to tell you when they make a change.
- You can share a read-only public calendar vieweable by anyone and is perfect for publishing an events calendar such as a soccer team schedule.
- With automated ;RSVP system, you can now send out an invitation email to those you want to attend, and as they respond the event on your calendar now automatically updates with attendee information.
- It also supports the CalDAV standard – so all your existing calendars will be automatically upgraded to support it.
To use MobileMe Calendar beta, you need to be running iOS 4 on iPhone or iPod touch, iOS 3.2 on iPad, Mac OS X Snow Leopard version 10.6.4. To sign up, go to me.com/calendar and click “Request an invitation.” You’ll receive an email notification when available.