In additon to the release of App-V 4.6 via MDOP 2010! Microsoft released an update to the App-V Resource Kit, alongwith two new tools:
- Application Virtualization SFT View Tool provide scanners and automated tools with read-only access to .sft files. For e..g., you can install SFT View on App-V Management Servers to allow vulnerability scanners and file-based asset inventory tools to scan .sft files. You can also use App-V SFT View to interactively inspect .sft file contents by using any shell interface, for example, Windows Explorer or the command line.
- Application Virtualization MSI Compat Transform an .msi from 4.5 RTM or earlier packages, on the 4.6 client.
App-V Resource Kit is a set of free tools and resources aimed at enabling IT administrators to unlock the full potential of App-V 4.5 and 4.6. Full list of Resource Tools is listed below:
- Application Virtualization Dynamic Suite Composition Tool to edit the Open Software Descriptor (.osd) file associated with a virtual application package to create the inter-package dependencies.
- Application Virtualzation Application Listing Tool to display a list of virtualized applications that are currently running.
- Application Virtualization SFT Parser Tool to extract the following information from SFT files:
- Validation of SFT files
- XML export of contents of SFT
- Listing of all of the files in the SFT
- Statistics about properties of the SFT metadata
- Get relevant information on a file in the package
- Ability to skip processing of file data if using functionality that requires only the metadata
Application Virtualization Client Log Parser Utility to extract log entries from one or more application virtualization client logs.
- Application Virtualization Cache Resizing Tool to configure settings associated with App-V client cache.