Microsoft announced a contest to drive innovation in healthcare space.
"We're giving away $5k to build innovative app or charts using familiar tools like Excel.
Analyze the free medical record dataset from Microsoft Azure DataMarket and Practice Fusion to answer the biggest healthcare questions in the US today. Use the de-identified data however you'd like: visualize healthcare trends, find adverse drug reactions, chart chronic disease, mashup the results with other Azure data or build an app. Basically, pick a pressing healthcare question and answer it using the tools provided by Microsoft and Practice Fusion.
We're looking for the wow factor. Focus on data visualization to create healthcare studies and powerful apps built around the free dataset.," stated Microsoft.
Bonus points for:
- Solutions that can be used to deliver better care, improve public health
- Ideas that can be directly applied by patients or doctors
- Entries related to chronic disease
- App that're accessible from anywhere by anyone (i.e. non-platform-specific applications that would work on any mobile device, generic HTML, etc.)
- Utilizing bleeding/cutting-edge technology (i.e. HTML5, GPS-based/location-aware tagging, social media, etc.)
- Plain English – translation of complex medical findings or technology into something easily understood
More Info: Analyze This!
[tags]social media,social networking,patients[/tags]