Google AdWords API v201109 released today includes upgrades to targeting and reporting. Also, announced today is the deprecation timeline for previous versions. “We will be sunsetting these versions and services at the end of February 2012,” said Google.
The following version are meeting the deprecation:
- API versions v13, v200909, v201003, v201008, v201101
- Please note: We are not supporting cross-client reports in this release, but we have released some sample code for those of you who need to run reports across many clients.
- API version v13 AccountService will only be available on a whitelist basis.
Here are the highlights of some new features in the v201109:
- Reporting: Several changes made to make reporting easier to use.
- Downloading reports is now free and does not require a stored ReportDefinition.
- Added ability to exclude zero impression rows, with an explicit flag.
- New “criteria” report lets you download all criteria data at once.
- Added new data on call metrics.
- The new MutateJobService allows for the scheduling of large batch updates as asynchronous jobs. This service simplifies mutate jobs submissions and will eventually replace BulkMutateJobService.
- Added support for negative keywords feature in TrafficEstimatorService.
- Enabled PartialFailure for AdGroupAdService.
- Email addresses are no more supported as identifiers, please use Customer IDs instead.
A complete list of changes is available in the release notes.