Google today launched the "AdWords API v201101," which allow you to more efficiently run reports, as well as implement campaign experiments and other recently released advertising features at scale.
Google also announced the sunsetting of the following versions and services in August 2011.
Deprecation timeline for previous versions:
- API versions v13 (ReportService and TrafficEstimatorService only), v200909, v201003, v201008
- BidLandscapeService (being moved to the DataService)
- ReportDefinitionService now supports My Client Center (MCC) cross-client reports, which're fetched asynchronously. ReportDefinition type has two new fields with which you specify retrieval of a cross-client report, and all report types have new fields for use in cross-client reporting. In addition, following new reports have been added: Geo Performance, Demographic Performance, Ad Extensions Performance, Destination URL and Creative Conversion.
- Greater data control and filtering with a single generic selector: The get operations for a number of services now use a single generic selector, rather than service-specific selectors. The generic selector provides more control over the data returned, lets you filter on almost any field, and specify sorting and paging.
- Try out campaign experiments by using ExperimentData in the AdGroupAd type. A new set of report fields provide info about how an advertiser experiment performed. The Ad Group Performance, Campaign Performance, Keywords Performance, and Managed Placements Performance reports each have a field that lets you segment on the control arm or experiment arm. In addition, a report field for each statistic indicates the significance in the change of that statistic in the experiment arm.