Adwords Ad Traffic Quality Resource Center, a site designed for advertisers and publishers to learn more about invalid clicks -- today received some improvements including:
First up, the site is now available in most languages supported by AdWords, such as German, French, Polish and Arabic.
Second, to help you better understand ad traffic Google also added a video walking you through how to read your web server logs and help you identify which visits are a result from clicks on Google AdWords ads (sorry, English only).
In other Google news, DoubClick for Advertisers (DFA) introduced new Path to Conversion report to provide advertisers with the data needed to properly credit the different channels that led to conversions for campaigns.
"Conversion attribution is the practice advertisers use to give appropriate credit to every impression, interaction or click that helped drive a conversion in a campaign. Instead of the typical "last click wins" model, in which 100% credit is given to that last ad that was clicked on before a conversion, attribution modeling shines a light on the entire path the customer took to get there."
Path to Conversion report now available in new DFA Reporting, making it easier for you to gain insight into your customer's journey to a purchase.
This new report, currently available to any customer who receives the E2C report, provides similar insights but offers E2C customers significant improvement in a few key areas:
- "Easier to use: the data, available in new DFA Reporting is much easier to compile and faster to download.
- More interactions: the availability of data has greatly expanded. Now you can analyze up to 200 customer interactions (also known as "exposures") per conversion as compared to a maximum of ten in the E2C report.
- Custom Floodlight Variables: you can now include custom floodlight variables in the report in order to determine custom conversion details, e.g. order amounts for e-commerce sites or the number of nights booked for travel sites.
- Enhanced DoubleClick Search integration: Available per interaction: Ad level data including keyword, new DS3 labels and Full DoubleClick Search IDs - for easier optimization.
- Attribute sales with no clicks: Often you'll encounter customers who have seen a DoubleClick-served ad from another network, and then went to the advertiser';s site later to buy. Data on these unattributed conversions (aka non-attributed interactions), are now measured in this report.
- International support: P2C now supports multi-byte characters in Floodlight Custom Variables and in DoubleClick Search Data (keyword, etc)," explains Aaron Nelson, Product Manager.
In addtion to the above new report, the following reports are also available: Exposure to Conversion Report (E2C), a premium report which lets advertisers view data on up to ten ad interactions leading up to a conversion. And, Multi-Channel Funnels in DFA to offer all clients an aggregated view of which channels contribute to and result in conversions.
For a trial period, the new Path to Conversion report is available to any customer who is already receiving the E2C report.