Windows RunAs command and shortcut menus are great for System Administrators and Advanced Users. Thanks to them, you can switch from one identity to another one, install software with administrative rights, etc.
Yes, Windows RunAs is great but… it is also so frustrating ! Each time you have to type again and again your user name. There is a parameter to specify a user account for the runas command line tool, but no “password” parameter so you can’t easily call it from batch files. Etc.
ADVtools SARL proudly presents ADVrunas – a program specially created to make the job of System Administrators and Advanced Users easier. It is a substitute for Windows RunAs and overcomes many of its limitations:
- New version 2.0 Compatible with Windows Vista
- New Compatible with Remote Desktop (Terminal Services) & Fast User Switching (FUS)
- New Control Panel
- Integrated in Windows Explorer (contextual menus)
- Convenient shortcut menu to start a Command Prompt with alternate credentials
- Start applications as a limited user (remove administrative rights)
- Create encrypted shortcuts with alternative credentials
- Remember which user(s) were used last time you start the application
- Poweful console utility that accept password on the command line
- Indicate who is running which application
- Compatible with Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP
- And more… see Features
ADVrunas, Shareware, Softwares, Downloads